Sunday, November 2, 2014

Catching light







Al Ain vegetable souq.
One of the parasol has broken, so it turns to funny shape.
All men are energetically working.
I like market.

There are lives over there.


16 Celsius to 28 today.
Winter has come to Al Ain.
We can go out for sketching.

I won't need to AC  on when I sketch from my car from now.
We got nice rain yesterday. So the temperature rapidly dropped.
Great season in this town.






Saniya area in Al Ain.

セメントファクトリーが小さくみえるここからの風景をいつかは描きたいとおもって、
早、8年経過。手前は道路ですが、直線できれるのがつまらないので、
緑がせり出しているようにアレンジ。
最近気がついたけれど、
5色くらいしか使っていない。
パレットには、20色近くでているが、
結局使う色はいつもおなじ。






Cafe and restaurant, Duroi, Al Ain Mall at around 10am.

There is the glass ceiling top of this cafe.
Everything was covered by the natural light.
I was fascinated by the scene.

The plant lost half of green, because of the light.
It turned to white and shinning.
If I could have my art room like this situation, it would be fantastic.



10 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Midori! How large is the work?
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Studio at the Farm,

    this is almost 26cm square.
    Actually I painted a pumpkin on the light side, but the composition turned to quite boring.So I chopped off. I feel better.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olav,thank you so much.
    The composition is really weird, isn't it?
    because I cut off the left side. There were some more grapes and a pumpkin, but when I finished it, I didn't like it.It was very boring piece. So I cut off 40% of painting. I feel better.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this when I saw it on Facebook Midori, you did right in cropping because I was drawn in by its unusual composition

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lorraine,
    I understand it is to hard to break our ordinary composition.
    Some people are really bold. I should be as well.
    Thank you for making a time to leave comment here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the painting of the market scene, Midori, and the painting of the fruit with the watermelon is wonderful!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kathryn, you are very supportive.
    I can't stop painting.lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful watercolors collection!!! I really love your watercolor way of painting ...you have your own rhythm that goes from painting to the viewer ... like music& colors in visual harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rita, thank you for kind word. You are always supporting me.
    I appriciate you very much as well. I am still struggling though. Half fun and half are not.
    lol

    ReplyDelete